Thursday, September 2, 2010

The First Ford in the World


“Could I go to Grandpa Tim’s farm?” I asked dad.
He agreed.
We hopped in our old truck and drove to Grandpa Tim’s farm. As we parked by the footpath, we saw a rusty, old fashioned, broken Ford.
As I hopped out of the car I ran to Grandpa Tim and hugged him.
As dad drove away, I asked Grandpa Tim “what is that old Ford doing outside on your lawn?”
Grandpa Tim is an old, wrinkly man with a croaky voice.
Grandpa Tim answered the question and said ‘’back in the old days I was a rally car driver and the best one in the world. I won the championship and I won a new Ford as a prize.This Ford was the first Ford car in the world. When I won it I was very excited."
Years had past since then and the old Ford was too rusty to drive. I walked outside and stared at the Ford. Then I had an idea.
I asked Grandpa “Do you still have the keys for the Ford?”
He did.
He gave them to me and I ambled outside. l hopped inside the old Ford and tried to turn it on but it wouldn’t start.Then vroooommm I drove off the farm and drove to the engineers shop. The engineers pimped the Ford. I hopped inside the car and drove it back to the farm. I covered it with sheets and yelled ‘’Grandpa come outside!’’
Grandpa Tim walked outside and then I lifted up the sheets and shouted "surprise!"
Grandpa gasped with excitement. Then Grandpa was so surprised, he hopped inside and shouted "I feel young again."
Grandpa said “thank you” to me.
He drove off down the road with the sun shining on the Ford.

No comments:

Post a Comment