Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bird Saved


One frosty winter morning Roger and I went fishing at Combers Reef. As we loaded our boat something caught my eye, it was a whole heap of birds.

As we reached our destination I was so happy we stopped for a moment. We looked around. There sitting in the frosty cold sea was an injured bird with oil on it.


"Roger, Roger!" I yelled.

"You only need to say my name once!" Roger yelled back.

"Ok can you see that bird?" I asked. " Can you get it?"

"Ok."

As Roger returned from the shivering cold reef the bird was nearly dead.


We raced back to shore. The bird looked like it was having a stroke. Stay alive. Stay alive I thought to myself.

Over here. The life guard spotted us.

"Roger, get the bird."

"Why?"

"Just get it."

As Roger came back with the bird it had passed away. Every one stopped and looked at me.


From that day on I never went fishing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment